This is a refreshing and creamy twist on the green tea smoothie, which is often prepared with fruit.
Lime juice and freshly squeezed lemon add tangy pizzaz to this beautiful and nutrient-rich smoothie.
Green tea and kale provide antioxidants, while avocado contributes healthy fats, making this a satisfying afternoon treat or an excellent complement to breakfast.
This smoothie is also an ideal addition to a healthy detox routine!
- Flesh from 1 avocado
- 2 sweet apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 small knob peeled ginger
- Roughly 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 2 leaves kale
- 1 cup brewed and cooled green tea
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or water)
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
*You might like to stop and taste after blending in the lime and lemon, to see if the flavor suits your taste.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour into two jars and stir a teaspoon of chia seeds through each. Allow to sit at least half an hour (though overnight is best) before consuming. This will allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid.